Thursday, March 26, 2015

Butterfly Paintings


The other day I decided to make a fake butterfly display case. They're so beautiful, aren't they? The only sad thing about butterfly display cases is that the beautiful butterflies within are dead, and so I thought I would create an artistic one instead. All the butterflies in this post were digitally painted by me, and each butterfly took me a bit over 2 hours to paint. It's really fun - I might end up painting a few more!








Which is your favorite? I particularly like the vivid orange one, and the blue one is beautiful - though I do love the earthy colors of the others, so it's hard to pick a favorite! I'm thinking of selling prints of these, since I'm sure they'll look lovely on a wall! These might even be nice in calendar form, if I paint another five butterflies... 

No comments:

Post a Comment