Monday, July 27, 2015

Saris

I find myself mildly obsessed with the sari, an South Asian draped garment. Basically a glorified strip of cloth, the sari is wrapped around the body and draped until it hangs elegantly, the fabric often dyed in vibrant colors and embroidered in intricate patterns.

This mild obsession started when I came across the below image of a sari paired with a corset (which I can assure you is not the traditional way to wear a sari), and I was struck by the figure the model cut.


From there it took off and I scoured the internet for further images, happening across the website Shree Designer Saree and flipping through their catalogue and saving my favorite images. Something I find rather amusing is that they will describe the different saris with different adjectives: Keen, insightful, beneficial, savoury, miraculous, transcendent, amuse... Not sure how those describe the saris (I was particularly amused by "pathetic"), but have a look!





Despite the vibrant beauty of the above images, however, I find myself wishing I could try a sari-and-corset combo in the style of Zessinna - it looks so striking!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment